I’ve been missing you. And it’s been all my fault.
One of the pleasures of my life in recent months has been getting to know many of you by reading your blogs, commenting, and being a part of an awesome and encouraging on-line family. Lately, I’ve not been a very good family member. I know that I have only been a slacker for a couple of weeks, but a couple of weeks feels a lot longer when you haven’t been able to do something that you really enjoy.
Many of you know that I am a bivocational senior pastor with a full-time “secular” job, 5 young kids, and a wife that I adore. Most of you don’t know that since January my wife has been going to school in hopes of becoming an EMT. This means that my parenting/household responsibilities have increased exponentially, especially now that baseball/softball practices are in full swing. Laundry must be done, my kids’ homework must be done, and my family needs more of my attention.
So, I’ve been missing you.
But I’ve also been quite amazed by you.
Even in the midst of my slacking, you have been faithful to read and comment here. For that I am grateful. And I hope that I will soon get back to my normal reading and commenting ways.
But…..ENOUGH about me; I also want to learn a little about you through this post. Below are some questions that you probably have never been asked before.
1. Who was your least favorite Beverly Hills, 90210 character? Why?
2. Your bologna may have a first name of O-S-C-A-R and a second name of M-A-Y-E-R, but what would be a more realistic brand-name for bologna?
3. Larry the Cable Guy’s catch-phrase is “Get ‘Er Done!” What would your redneck catch-phrase be?
4. Cyndi Lauper says that girls just want to have fun. What do duck-billed platypusses (platypi?) just want to have?
5. If I owned a plumbing company, the name and slogan would be “Cannon Plumbing: Half as good for half the price!” What would be the name and slogan of your plumbing company?
6. Be honest–When the Chilean Miners were rescued, did you think most of them looked like one of the Super Mario Brothers?
7. Forget about which 3 historical figures you would most like to have a conversation with–are there any that you would like Chuck Norris to round-house kick?
Okay–that’s it. Share away!