Welcome to Prophetic Thursday here at the blog. Every Thursday I will peer down the pike and try to give you a heads up on what to expect within Christianity in the near and not so near future. To see the last 2 posts in this series click Here and Here.
“I’m going to a Thirty-One party.” Have you ever heard anyone say this? This statement doesn’t mean that the person is going to a party for 31-year-olds or that it will only last one minute over half an hour. It means that the person is going to a party where “stylish purses, accessories and products that help organize the lives of busy women and their families” will be on display and sold.
It seems that part of the reason for the the popularity of Thirty-One products is that the name of the company comes from Proverbs 31, a beloved passage that describes a virtuous woman. I know of very few Christian women who don’t own a Thirty-One purse or who haven’t been to a Thirty-One party.
Given the success of this company it is only a matter of time before copycats start showing up. Here are a six Proverbs inspired companies that you can expect to see in the coming years:
1. Proverbs 21:19 Camping Equipment. Because it is better to dwell in the wilderness than with a contentious and angry woman.
2. Proverbs 29:18 Eyewear. “Where there is no vision, the people perish.” Talk about a hard sell–see better or people die.
3. Proverbs 24:13 Honey. The Bible says to eat honey “because it is good.” Winnie the Pooh gives his approval.
4. Proverbs 27:27 Goat Milk. Your whole family will enjoy it–even your maids.
5. Proverbs 28:19 Tractors. Especially if you like bread. A lot of bread.
6. Proverbs 23:13 Rods. Guaranteed to hurt the person you beat–but not kill him.
I realize that none of these may ever reach the level of success that Thirty-One is now having. I realize that some of them aren’t even good ideas.
But I think that at least one of them has a shot at really hitting it big.
And when it happens remember that you heard it here first.
(What other Proverbs inspired products/services can you come up with? What about products/services inspired by verses found in other books of the Bible? Have some fun and share away!)