Welcome to Prophetic Thursday here at the blog. Every Thursday I will peer down the pike and try to give you a heads up on what to expect within Christianity in the near and not so near future. To see the last 2 posts in this series click Here and Here.
How Many Minutes in Where?
In 2004 we were treated to 90 Minutes in Heaven by Don Piper. It was a bestseller.
In 2006 we were treated to 23 Minutes in Hell by Bill Wiese. It was also a bestseller.
A proven formula had presented itself to writers and publishers, yet no other books have been written using this pattern. Yet.
Now that sales are fading and publishers are doing all that they can do to survive, I fully expect them to remember the success of these 2 books and exploit this formula for all that it’s worth.
Here are a few possible book titles to get them started:
1. 6 Minutes in the Microwave–A popcorn kernel experiences scorching heat and lives to tell the tale.
2. 72 Minutes in the Restroom–Having a leftover Krystal hamburger for breakfast wasn’t a good idea.
3. 109 Minutes in Purgatory–Because Catholics read books, too.
4. 207 Minutes in Wal-Mart–A bi-vocational pastor with 5 kids and a wonderful wife from Alabama tells of his average trip to the local super center.
5. 574 Minutes in a Cat Carrier–Fluffy opens up about what she really did on her car ride across three states.
6. 12 Minutes in Hiding–The true story of what happened to Lebron James in the 4th period of the last NBA Finals game.
7. 60 Minutes in an Amway Meeting–Detailing the longest hour of my life.
Would any of these books be bestsellers? No. Would some of them eventually be used to level coffee tables? Yes. Do any of them even have a chance of being written? Probably not.
But if they do remember that you heard it here first.
What other books could be written using this formula? Share away!