I am not a pastor. At least not for now. While I am at peace with my decision to resign, it has put me in something of a quandary.
Should I change the name of this blog?
This blog has been called “The Seeking Pastor” since its inception. I am known as @seekingpastor on Twitter. Whenever I comment on someone else’s blog, I use the name seekingpastor.
What am I supposed to do now?
Should I rename this blog to reflect my current situation? Or should I leave it as is?
Maybe you can help.
Should the name of this blog continue to be “The Seeking Pastor” or should I change it to one of these alternate names? Here are the possiblities:
1. The Brobdingnagian Believer. Brobdingnagian=gigantic. Believer=follower of Christ. Me=The Brobdingnagian Believer.
2. Big Ugly’s Big ‘Ol Bunch of Awesome. They call me Ugly…Big Ugly.
3. Five Kids, Empty Wallet. Self-explanatory. Having 5 kids means my hands are full, my house is full, my vehicle is full…but my wallet is empty. And so is my reservoir of patience at times.
4. Cannon Goes Boom. ‘Cause that’s how I roll.
5. The Reluctant Goat Herder. My wife has goats and sheep. Sometimes they get out of the fence. I have to usher them back in. Reluctantly.
6. The Big Sneeze. If you have ever heard me sneeze, you would understand. My sneeze has been known to rattle buildings.
On second thought, maybe these alternative names aren’t that good. Maybe I will just stick with what I have.
What this blog is named doesn’t really matter. What matters is that I am continue to lift up the name of Jesus.
For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
The name of Jesus matters. The name of this blog doesn’t.
I need to keep remembering this.
Maybe you need to remember this, too.
What are some other possible new names for this blog?
If you could change your name, what would you change it to?