Welcome to my 500th published blog post. Yes–you read that correctly. This is my 500th post.
Pretty amazing, huh? To be honest, I am just as surprised as you are. It sort of snuck up on me kind of like the waitresses at Shoney’s. My theory on how Shoney’s waitresses are so ninja quiet–it’s the shoes.
I started this blog way back on June 6, 2007. For about 3 years and four months I was a sporadic blogger. I would write a few days in a row and then take a couple of weeks off. And then, almost exactly one year ago on October 20, 2010, I decided that I really like to write and that I wanted to post a new blog every weekday.
All that has led me here–#500.
For those of you who have been here for all or part of this ride–THANK YOU! It has been great getting to know you and grow with you.
To express my gratitude for what you mean to me, I have decided to do a BIG BLOG GIVEAWAY!
There is just one problem–I don’t have much money budgeted for a giveaway. Thankfully even with that impediment, I was able to come up with some great prizes.
Here are a few things you could win:
1. A trip to Dollywood with me! You will have to pay for your own way there and your own food and lodging and your own ticket. But if you make it there, I promise to go with you. As long as I still have my season pass and it’s on a day that is convenient for me and it’s not too hot or too cold or too windy.
2. A haircut. All you have to do is get to me. I’ll supply to bowl and the scissors.
3. One of my wife’s goats*. Your pick. *subject to my wife’s approval*. *she’s probably not going to approve.
4. A song by me at your wedding. Or your funeral if you are already married. All you have to do is pay for all of my expenses and I’m there. I hope you like “Rocky Top.”
5. A five kid fun-day. You can take all 5 of my kids on a child-appropriate outing of your choosing. We promise to make it extra exciting for you by pouring sugar and caffeine into their little systems for a week prior to the special day.
6. A warm, fuzzy feeling. Everyone knows that it is far better to give than to receive. So I’ll give you an opportunity to enjoy the “far better” by letting you give me money. As much as you want!
There are 3 ways to enter. You can do one, two, or all three! Here they are:
1. Leave a comment with the answer to this question: What other inexpensive (free) prizes could I offer on my 1,000th post?
2. Share this post on Twitter!
3. Share this post on Facebook!
The winners will be chosen using the patented Seekingpastor Selection System (S3) and announced on Friday!
Have fun and good luck (even though I don’t really believe in luck)!
And thanks again for reading. You all really are important to me!
After using the patented Seekingpastor Selection System (S3) that involved putting names on pieces of paper in a red plastic cup and drawing them out, I now have the winners to the giveaway!
The winner of a trip to Dollywood with me as long as he is able to pay for all of his own expenses and it is a perfect, convenient day for me is…..TONY!!!!!!
The winner of haircut administered by me with a bowl and scissors is……KRISTIN!!!!!!
The winner of one of my wife’s goats is…….BILL!!!!! (Sorry, Bill. My wife did not approve).
The winner of a song by me at his wedding/funeral as long as my expenses are paid is…….MOE!!!! I might even do the unthinkable and wear a New York Yankees hat while doing it.
The winner of the 5-kid fun day is……ROB!!!!!
The winner of a warm, fuzzy feeling by virtue of giving me money is….DUSTIN!!!!! Think big, my friend.
Many thanks to all who entered! If you didn’t win–Sorry. I’ll do it again in 500 more posts.