“Pease me sit in your wap?”
In case you are not up on your 3-year-old speak, this translates into “Please can I sit in your lap?” This is also one of the reasons why I haven’t written much recently. Because I am pretty sure that we will not have any more kids, I am very aware that these days are fleeting and I won’t be able to get them back.
So when I am typing away and Mary Hope wants to sit in my “wap,” she wins.
But this isn’t the only reason why I took a short blogging break. The following list contains both real and fake reasons for my recent blogospheric absence. See if you can guess which is which.
1. I had to give typing a rest after burning my finger tips on a hot plate at a mexican restaurant. They always say the plate is hot and I always throw caution to the wind and check for myself. When you live life on the edge, sometimes you get burnt.
2. Halloween candy doesn’t eat itself. I enjoy having 5 kids, but there are two times a year when I enjoy it even more: tax return time and Halloween. They get a lot of candy and we don’t like it to sit around too long. So, you know, someone had to eat it.
3. I went deep undercover to investigate why Klout declared that I was influential about Hairstyle. I would never have known this about myself if my favorite Canadian (Larry Hehn) hadn’t mentioned it. The only reason I can come up with is that I wrote a mildly popular post about manly barber shops. Plus–I haven’t change my hairstyle since birth.
4. Zombies. I may have watched a few episodes of The Walking Dead. And I may have spent some time making sure our house is Zombie-proof. And I may have become a little too gleeful upon figuring out that my wife’s sheep and goats would give us a head start if Zombies ever coming moaning and stumbling after us.
5. Working with the NBA big-wigs to save the season. You’re welcome. I’m sorry. Whichever.
6. Sometimes other things are more important than blogging. Like starting ministry at a new church, ministering to hurting people, looking for a house to rent in a new town, making sure my kids feel secure even as our life situation changes, and other such things like that.
So–what are your guesses? Which of these are real and which are fake?
Leave your guesses in the comments!
Also–what are some reasons (real or fake) that you have taken a break from blogging?
(By the way–I’m back. For now. The only Halloween candy we have left are Whoppers. I’m not a fan.)