Tim Tebow is amazing. If you do not agree with this then you do not know anything about football and you may not know anything about anything. In fact, you may need to take an IQ test to determine if you have enough sense to be roaming free in public.
What Tebow has done this year is phenomenal. A 7-1 record since becoming the starting quarterback for the Denver Broncos. Improbable comeback after improbable comeback. He has inspired millions.
Tebow-mania is real!
But just how amazing is Tim Tebow? He’s so amazing that I am willing to go out on a limb and declare that Tim Tebow is better than Santa Claus!
What?!?! I’ve lost my mind?!?! I don’t think so. Here are a five reasons why Tebow is better than Santa:
1. It takes Santa all night to do his magic; it only takes Tebow a few minutes. Plus overtime on occasion.
2. Santa’s belly shakes like a bowl full of jelly; Tebow has never even eaten jelly. Or jam. Or anything else containing fat. Probably.
3. Santa is helped by 8 tiny reindeer; Tebow is helped by 52 broncos. Yes, I know that the reindeer fly. But broncos are wild and manly. And reindeer don’t have opposable thumbs which makes catching footballs virtually impossible.
4. Santa can’t throw a perfect spiral; Tebow….. Okay–nevermind this one.
5. Santa has inspired countless songs and Christmas specials; Tebow has inspired “Tebowing.” You know deep down in your heart which is better.
Maybe you don’t agree with any of these. That’s fine. Let me tell you the real reason that I like Tim Tebow….
I love Jesus.
Tebow isn’t Jesus; Jesus is Jesus. But Tebow does mention Jesus again and again.
And I believe that there is still power in His name.
For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
I know that what Tebow says and when/how he says it bothers some people. I also know that speaking the name of Jesus has always and will always bother some people.
I’m okay with this. Those who love Jesus have an obligation and the privilege of sharing the good news of the Gospel with others. Tim Tebow has a big stage. I hope he continues to use it for God’s glory.
What are some other ways that Tebow is better than Santa?
Are you a Tebow fan or someone who dislikes apple pie and puppies?