I read this article earlier this week about some angry customers at a restaurant in California who were upset about something written on their receipt. Printed at the top of the receipt they received were the words “Fat Girls.”
The first thing I thought when I read this was “WOW!”
The second thing I thought of was how often this might have been done to me without me noticing it.
The third thing I thought was what might have been printed about me at the top of those receipts.
Here are a few ideas:
1. Fat Guy with A LOT OF KIDS! I’m a fat guy with a lot of kids, so this would seem to be a no-brainer.
2. Gomer Pyle with a Goatee. I’ve been told I look like a young Gomer Pyle, especially around the eyes. Shazaam!
3. Prayer Dude. Most of the time I ask the waiter or waitress if there is anything I can pray for them about before we say the blessing.
4. The Heavy Drinker. This is especially true after I preach. And I’m talking about Diet Dr Pepper or Sweet Tea, not alcohol. I’ve never imbibed (unless you count Nyquil).
5. The Adult with Child-like Taste Buds. I have the taste buds of a four-year-old and I’m not afraid to admit it.
I’m sure there are plenty of other labels that waiters/waitresses could use to describe me. Thankfully, the labels that could be applied to me really don’t matter.
Because of the label that God uses for me: His.
That stands above all other labels and will carry me all the way Home.
What are some labels that waiters/waitresses could use for you?