* I led a crowded room of a crowded restaurant in singing “Happy Birthday” to a total stranger last week. Loudly. My wife and kids were not amused.
* If I ever open a restaurant it will be one that serves both Italian and Mexican food. The name? Que Pasta!
* My 5-year-old daughter started school last week. I asked her how she liked the other kids in her class. “Well,” she said, “One of the boys said I was beautiful.” What did I think about that? No comment.
* If I ever get pulled over for speeding, my excuse will be that I drive by grace and not by law. Think that will work?
* I preached in Ohio a couple of weeks ago. During one of the sermons I told the congregation the reason Ohio State was so good at football is because they don’t play in the SEC. I’m surprised I didn’t receive the left foot of fellowship.
* Me: “Sometimes you eat the bear; sometimes the bear eats you. Sometimes you’re the windshield; sometimes you’re the bug.” My 5-year-old: “Sometimes you’re a pig; sometimes you’re a horse.” Close enough.
* Filling out back-to-school paperwork for 5 kids is one of the best arguments against having 5 kids.
* Being tall means catching all the spider webs with your face that everyone else misses.
* When someone complains about being cold, I tell them they wouldn’t be cold if they were fat and hairy like me. As long as they aren’t fat and hairy.
I hope some of this made you smile.
Now it’s your turn. Share a few sillybits of your own!