“Hulk smash!” is one of my favorite superhero sayings. It is so simple yet so devastating. It means the Hulk is about to get down to the business of whoopin’ up on someone or some thing.
But I wonder if he says other things like this when he is doing something other than smashing. Like…
1. Hulk splash! Stop for a moment and imagine the Hulk in a cannonball contest. If you aren’t smiling there might be something wrong with you.
2. Hulk flash! It’s a good thing he probably couldn’t find a trench coat his size.
3. Hulk ‘stache! The only thing that would make the Hulk look cooler would be if he had a killer mustache. It would be amazing.
4. Hulk cash! Hulk finally gets approval for that small business loan he’s been hoping for to open a quaint bed and breakfast.
5. Hulk rash! Even superheroes have dermatological issues from time to time. I’m guessing.
I don’t know if the Hulk has ever said any of these other things. It probably doesn’t matter–especially since he’s a fictional character.
But what Jesus said does matter because He is real and spoke about hugely important things.
What was the most important thing Jesus ever said?
I was asked that question recently and, I must say, it is an impossible question to answer. Everything he said and says is important.
However, I don’t suppose any verse is any more important as possibly the most well-known verse in the Bible:
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son,
that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Why is this verse so important? Because it, in a very short and sweet way, proclaims the Gospel.
It isn’t as short as “Hulk smash!,” but it is infinitely better.
What other phrases could the Hulk use similar to these? What is your favorite Bible verse?